ASCD (Agillence Supply Chain Designer)
ASCD is a supply chain design tool, especially powerful where your business requires multi-stop shipments. It optimizes simultaneously multi-stop route territory (outbound from warehouses) and upper echelon supply chain together.
ASCD is a tool to design supply chain network optimizing several cost factors while respecting various constraints such as capacities. A simple example, but challenging as shown in the picture above, is to trade off inbound costs, warehousing/inventory carrying costs at DC’s and outbound costs where outbound involves multi-stop routes with delivery frequency requirements. To have an implementable solution, it is essential to model multi-stop delivery cost accurately considering delivery frequency requirements.
The following questions can be answered by ASCD:
- How many facilities do I need and where?
- Where do I put new facilities and what should be their sizes?
- How do I rationalize combined supply chain networks?
- How robust is my supply chain under various assumptions?
- What’s the impact of higher or lower customer service?
- Where should I package my products?
- Do I need one layer or two layer distribution?
- Which customers should be served by which DC?
- Which customers should be served by which route?
- Which suppliers should I work with?
- Multi-stop and delivery frequency modeling for lower echelon
- Unlimited echelon, lateral or reverse flow
- Unlimited cost breaks (unlimited piecewise linear cost)
- Complex process relationship within a facility
- Separate modeling of warehousing costs and inventory carrying costs
- Easy baselining
- Concurrent optimization of multiple scenarios